CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Brown Bag Lunches

Eating Healthy?  I'm giving it my best shot by packing mine and my husbands lunches/breakfast daily.  Not only do I eat healthier by doing this but also save on the average $5-8 per meal per person. Calculate that savings. Go with a medium of $6.00 x5 = $30.00 for me and $6.00 x 5 =$30.00 for hubby.  That's $60 bucks a week, Just for lunches, Now calculate the breakfast $3.00 per person per day=$18.00 or $36.00 for the 2 of us. Grand total saved per wk just on breakfast/lunch $96.00 for the wk.

Studies are finding that people are beginning to go back to brown bagging their lunches, due to being able to eat what we choose and not that of what is available on a restaurants menu. Some only have a minimum selection.  Yesterday I just read where some schools are getting involved by starting with local farmers. click on this link and read what this school is doing.

Also, most schools are trying to cut back on physical activities such as gym (pe) that we used to participate in as children. Yes they have sports, but this is not like the physical exercises, etc. that our coaches used to routinely make us go through daily. In other words getting in fit.

By using coupons and matching them up with some of the deals that are posted on the boards you will start to stockpile some of the staples that are used by your family on a weekly basis, and save quite a bit of money. Pull out the cookbooks and start seeing what you can prepare for your family. Make it a family affair to get everyone involved. Cook together, eat together, then get out and do some exercise together. You don't have to join the gym for the extra expense. Get out and walk the nature trails or your neighborhood.  Give it a try, do some research and start getting healthier and start saving your family money. 

I'm so glad I made the choice to have the bariatric surgery, It was so good. Yes it was tough and is still tough to maintain the loss and eating habits that keep me from returning to my previous lifestyle. I don't ever want to go back there.  I love my new lifestyle.  I just need to get myself pulled back together and do more exercising.

If you should need some help with couponing or I can be of support on some tips that helped me with my surgery journey. Please send me an email.

Tah Tah for Now, It's thursday and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment