CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 4 of the 5daypouch test !!!!

Day 4!
More progress has been made, I'm beginning to really tell the difference,  I started the day off with my soft food, 4 egg whites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal, I didn't eat it all at once. Today was a day of unlimited foods. I had my usual smoothie this morning with my protein powder as well, and a couple more egg whites before lunch. 

For lunch my co-worker and I ventured out to a couple of yardsales and stopped by for something to eat.  Since I have had this surgery, if I stopped by a fast food restaurant, I would order a plain grilled chicken sandwich and ask them to just put the chicken patty in a container.  They look at you like a deer in headlights.  So I have just been selective when eating at fast food joints. Well today when I ordered, the lady that took my order said "oh yeah" we can do that. I was shocked, so I ordered a chicken patty and went back and ordered me a tea to drink for the afternoon. For supper this evening I had rotiserre chicken.

What I have noticed since starting this 5daypouchtest, I'm feeling like I did when I first had my surgery tool put into place.  Feels good.  I'm feeling it in my clothing already.  I'll weigh in tomorrow I weighed in after I replaced my battery on my scales and I'm anxious to see if there is a difference, I'll post. 

Since I have started this blog, I haven't said how much I had actually lost and several people have enquired.  Here it is drum roll........ My weight loss since my surgery was a 147 lbs. Thats a whole person. Still til this day, when looking in the mirror, I still see the before now, me... Its very hard to believe so much of myself has changed.  Disappearred, left the building, etc.  Its a really good feeling of empowerment. 

Going into day 5 is going to be sweet.... Even though I'm not doing sweets, or carbs, I'm not missing them or craving them. Let me tell you a little secret I use when it does cross my mind.  I cook sweets and take them to work. This morning I made cake pops and passed them along.  Good feeling....

I'm getting back on track to where I was 4 years ago when I was trying so desperately to get this surgery performed so that I can be healthier and live longer.  I'm so grateful for the tools that Kay Bailey has developed over at http://www.livingafterwls.com/ and http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ . Looking forward to staying on track.

Tah Tah for now.

Lisa
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment