CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Progress in the making....

Sunday evening.

Kicking up my feet and watching Madea's Big Happy Family... Enjoying the afternoon in a quiet atmosphere. Wow, Tyler Perry is very talented. I just love his movies. So far I haven't been disappointed. And this one is hilarious.

Chilling should mean I've completed my missions. Well not all of them, they are still progress in the making, but I did make a dent in them. Does that count? I think so considering the results, and I do see some. Made a few changes to my check off list. Managed to make a quick road trip to the cloth store in Huntsville, Al.  I wanted to go further but I really wasn't feeling like that length of a trip. So I'm going to plan it again some time soon.

I picked up the material and lace that I wanted and the ladies there at the store were so helpful. One Lady even found me a pattern to go with the project that I'm going to be making. I was tickled. I can't wait to get started.  I think the dining room table is going to become my work space for a little while. I'll lay out the material first cut it and then do the pinning there. Then set the sewing machine up and go from there. I think this will work out for the best.  I picked up lavender, pale yellow, red, light pink, and turquoise material.

Now learning how to sew it will be a challenge, I haven't ever sewn that type of material before. When I had the machine serviced they set it up to sew the type of material that I would be sewing on it for me.  That's a good thing, as I haven't ever messed with the tension, or different stitches other than straight or zigzag.  Have I told you that I have been really lazy this week in some ways and other ways accomplished some of my tasks.  Here is my list that has been revised again.  Tomorrow, I think I'm going to take care of the biggest challenge on my list, "the freezer"....

  • cleaning house-yuck... this is the worst, so I'm starting with it 1st and doing a room at a time  **** 3 rooms down****  2 rooms down***  1 to go
  • cleaning out my coupons-organizing them
  • organizing my stock pile to see what is running low so that I can make a list of what needs to be restocked
  • Listening to music to motivate me to move more.... How many do this one? 
  • Updating my blog so that I can perhaps motivate some of my friends to kick it up with me
  • Making lists to start checking off so that I can start using my time more wisely, if its on paper I'm thinking it might help me get more things accomplished.  "so I read in some time management material"  ***** partially completed*****
  • Then there is dragging the sewing machine out of storage..getting rid of the dust bunnies and preparing it for travel... Trip got cancelled.... *i'm just sayin**
  • Yes later this week I'm planning a road trip "by myself" so you see I have to get to kickin it up....
  • Took machine to the sewing machine shop to be serviced. Picked up needles, and found out that one of the sewing machines is missing a cord and operating foot....What???? Then I find out that I have a serger "woo hoo"  this could be dangerous.  Now to get on with sewing my secret mission for Etsy ... this to come.. I'm so excited about this one. I really think this will be a good thing. I'll post once this one is further into getting completed for you to see....
  • Laundry **** down to 2 loads****This could have been completed, I've just been taking my time...cause I can...
  • Defrosting the freezer...So that I can have more room for frozen deals... any good suggestions on keeping a freezer from frosting up so fast.. One good suggestion I have for others is when purchasing a freezer, MAKE SURE ITS FROST FREE ....
  • Walking... Walking.... Walking...***I'm working on completing this mission**
  • download some new motivating music on my mp3 player--What do you listen too?  I would love some new suggestions on this. Or perhaps a website to visit that gives a breakdown on motivational music***** some are downloaded, just need to be transferred over to my mp3 player****
  •  Then there is updating my next segment on our Gastric bypass series *** a work in progress***
  • Picking up coupon deals, My family is now stocked up on dishwashing detergent, Laundry detergent, Deodorant, body wash, paper towels, toilet paper. I'm pretty well stocked on my cooking staples, frozen veggies are beginning to get low, so its about time for them to go on sale again. so I've got to make room to see what I need to pick up.
I'll go for now, Spend time with your family tomorrow, Grill out and enjoy your day off.
Tah Tah for now.
Love Always, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment