CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Check Up was excellent!

Well, my 6 month check up was upon me before I had realized it.  Since having my surgery I go every 6 months for lab work.  So far every visit has gone pretty well. There have been a couple of visits where my B-12 levels weren't where they needed to be so the Dr. advised me to make sure that I was taking the B-12 supplement and he also prescribed the B-12 injection that I give myself once a month.  So far this has worked out to be very rewarding. 

Last Friday 11/5/2010 I went for lab work. I was really sweating it. Why, doesn't everyone worry about something?  Me, I have always worried about the things that I shouldn't and don't worry about the things that I should. Then sometimes I worry about everything.... This was this time.  I've been taking my supplements as normal, multi-vitamin, calcium citrate, b-12. 

Friday 11/12/2010, Was follow up with the Dr. day.  My family internal doctor is just wonderful. He was my mothers doctor and she had a lot of confidence in him. And he really ranked high on her list.  He has always been one to put it out there.  I think this is what a lot of doctors are missing today.  They tell you what you ask a question for.  Not him, he comes out and says this, this, and this.... That's good, I know why mom liked him so well.

He came in the office, chatted a bit, reviewed my chart and advised how well I was doing,  I had even lost 5 lbs... (woooohoooooooo)  I was excited about that one within itself. As you know I recently participated in the 5daypouchtest. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/.  I've been doing good since. He has mentioned the last few times that I have went, that I sure do wish your mom could have done as well as you are doing. That boosted my confidence a bit. I needed that, it made me feel good. 

Yesterday, My husband and I drove to Chattanooga to (1) get out of the house. (2) just to window shop.  We decided to eat out.  I know my previous post was about eating out. You can make good choices.

We ate at Rib and Loin http://www.ribandloin.com.  I had a baked potato with chicken.  It was so good.  I wasn't able to eat all of it. So I left it. Most of the time I will bring 1/2 of the potato home and one of the boys will eat the rest. I also really enjoy their tea.  Most of the time when we go to restaurants, I only get water and set it aside, because as you know I can't eat and drink. So yesterday I did order me a tea with lemon.  To take with me, so that when I was able to drink I could treat myself.
It was so good. 

Everyone, Its been a pleasure writing a bit about myself and my experiences that I have had with my gastric bypass.  I would love to take some questions from you. Perhaps post a q&a segment.  Please let me know your thoughts.   I hope everyone is enjoying this weather.  I'll go for now, but email me at diztentbe@aol.com if you have any suggestions, questions. Or just want to chat.

Tah Tah for Now!  I've enjoyed our chat.
Lisa
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment