CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beginning to Exercise...

After I had woke up and was in recoverery from my surgery, I had a different outlook on life.  You know the kind that you have on New Years Eve.. When you are going to issue a new years resolution... I wake up and I am not feeling anything... I'm thinking I'm in a new world of my own. No wait, Others before and after me have been there and doing what I'm about to begin.  So what is my next step.  Scared, what If I fail? What if, what if, what if???  these are all questions that I'm sure that everyone is wondering. First of all, I'm tough. I have always been one to not ever ask for help, To do things on my own. So what was I thinking when I told my boss that I would be back to work the week that I had the surgery, that I would only need a few days off?

Well my friends, it doesn't work that way. I actually got up, got my self dressed, ready and out the door. To walk in the door of work and meet my boss and tell her, I can't do this.. I need a few more days, It was then that I discovered that I did need a little help to get myself pulled together and get back on track to a better life, a new beginning. First of all, I hadn't exercised in years because I hadn't had the strength, I was always too tired or depressed.  But the day after I had surgery I felt like I was on top of the world, though I was weak from not eating/drinking what I was used to, I was beginning to get an energy that I had forgotten that I ever had. Well maybe I had it when I was in high school or even after I first got married.  I felt like exercising, but where did I need to start? 

My Dr. told me up front, take a few steps at a time, do a few more every day.  Push yourself a little but do some form of exercise.  Walk out to the mailbox, walk the dog, park a few more steps away from your destination, take the steps instead of the elevator, walk the walk, then talk the talk...... Yes I was taking on a form of exercise by walking to begin with, then I acquired a 3 wheeled bicycle that was my mom's, My husband bought himself a bicycle then we began to walk the green way. I would tell him I couldn't go any farther, he'd say, "yes you can" come on... he knew my limits at this time better than I did.  And eventually I could get through the entire 3 miles of greenway... Yeah for me,,  I began to exercise slowing and met my goal. 

Then I was about 8 lbs away from my goal and what was I thinking? I didn't need to exercise.  wrong, we need to continue this routine for the rest of my life.  Get moving... We can do this a few steps at a time..  I slacked off, but I'm back at it again. I've put on 30 lbs, and I'm back on track of loosing it, eating, drinking,exercising. So far I've dropped 5 lbs. At least its on the down side and not the other side.  I have began to walk again and I'm holding myself accountable by documenting my daily eats in my journey as I hope you are continuing to do. I'm drinking my water, taking my vitamins, and getting in my exercise. May it not be some days what I want it to be. But I'm moving.... So If can do it, you can too and know that I'm here for support if you need me..... We can do this together....

tah Tah for Now.
Love Always,
your friend
lisa

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by! following you.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm so glad you came by to visit my blog, on marriage. 33 yrs is a long time, congrads on that. Recently I went to the doctor to get this surgery done. They said I wasn't "fat enough", turns out our insurance doesn't even cover the surgery, or even a diet help. Problem for me is I don't feel good any more. So here goes the long hard way all by myself. Maybe I use your blog to help me along. Keep in touch. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, keep up the great work. It sounds as though you have done a lot to be proud of. Thanks for stopping by, commenting and following my blog, I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you the best of luck on your continuing journey. Keep us posted with your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa for stopping by my blogs. They have become my therapy. Good luck on the exercise. I am actually reviewing a book more about the diet than the exercise. I too have 30 to drop and dropped 7 this week. I'm here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete